Tuesday 3 June 2014

Don't you just love being a jewellery maker?

Well, the title says it all quite frankly, and no more have I found this than the last fortnight.

A couple weekends ago, a good friend of mine came to visit friends in Liverpool. On her birthday. 
Typically, as the good friend I am, I had totally forgotten!
So a quick dash home for my purse (I was meeting her in the pub) and a fast birthday present was needed. 
I'd been busy making a stack of necklaces from a beautiful set of bright green birds by Blueberri Beads, and knew that one particular would be perfect for her! Sadly in my rush, I didn't manage to get a photo!! If I can, I'll get my friend to send me one and then I will put it up here!

Then, at the weekend, me and my parents were visiting some long-time friends, and both mum and I decided we needed some new necklaces. A few hours later and two new necklaces,  a air of earrings and a bracelet were ready! 

We got quite a few compliments from our friends and from their friends in turn. 

It's a good feeling, after all the work that is put in, that you can "pull off" something quick!

A double strand necklace made from Swarovski pearls and seed beads
A long a-symmetric necklace made from a selection of agate and blue goldstone the main focal is a glass coin that I picked up at the April BeadsUpNorth event
Another focal bead from Blueberri Beads with agate, all on silver coloured coated wire

Hope this post has inspired you to make a few "emergency" makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment