Monday 8 July 2013

Sunshine, beads and ogling gem strands

It's not as weird as it sounds. A couple of weeks ago, I bought some semi-precious gems from Jewellery Maker (www.jewellerymaker.com) and they arrived last week! I got some gorgeous products, including my favourite, rose quartz. Although I now have decided that I need to have a mental "top 10" favourite gems, as I now have realised there are more out there than I originally knew about. So, in said top 10 are Opal (my birthstone and absolute fave!), Rose Quartz, Aquamarine, and Chalcedony to name a few. 
I've put all my purchases away, and as I did, I simply stared at them, wondering at their beauty and the possibilities of making jewellery with them! I've also got some Sterling Silver products to compliment the gems. 

Here is one make, made from multi-coloured shell and glass chill pepper beads, on rose gold coloured chain, made for myself. 


I've also completed one of my half-finished/do again projects that I talked about in my last post, and here it is!!!

I realise that there is a very unflattering reflection of me in the stand. Regardless of that, isn't the necklace pretty? And it's all with rose quartz on silver played copper. 

Plus, as a new piece, I've made this
Rose quartz and aquamarine bracelet with toggle clasp. 

Well, I hope you have enjoyed today's post, and have been inspired a little - even to finish off that lingering project!!!

Enjoy the sunshine and hot weather, all you UK readers!
Happy beading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment