Friday 2 August 2013

I thought it would be good to "have a play" with wire crochet...

Okay, so no wire or crochet-hook related accidents have occurred. However, what I have been left with is a half-flower-half-sprout!
This is because I had the idea "Well, I can crochet normally, I have crochet flower patterns - what is the difference?"
I would say very little. Yet, I realised pretty quickly that it's quite different. You can't see the stitches of the previous row/round after the foundation row, you lose your place, and in the end, the finished result is pretty pathetic.

I like crochet because it gives me a quick result - a couple of hours pays off with a nice little pattern or part-finished product. I don't (often) have the patience to practice with things that may/will not give me a near-finished ending. Or in my case a sprout-flower.

So a quick search result brought up a few items and tutorials on this technique. My favourite one is  from Diane at Craftypod http://www.craftypod.com/2008/02/16/how-to-crochet-a-wire-flower-pendant/ Simple and with tips that you can only ever get from people who have done the same mistakes as we have.

It's too late for me to start now, but maybe tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment