Sunday 4 August 2013

Peyote, so many ways...!

I love beading with Peyote stitch. When i first get them, I look through my beading/jewellery making magazines to find all the Peyote patterns/projects and lodge them in the 'to try later' file in my brain. One such technique is flat (even count) peyote. For most people, this will be the first peyote they will learn. Not me. 

From a request to make a small extension bar-clasp for my mum's bracelet, and needing something that could be made with size 15 seed beads, be pretty and substantial. 

So I turned to this months edition of the US mag Bead & Button where a good little 'tutorial' for flat Peyote is in the back -along with a quick and clear explanation of 'zipping up' the work. A few minutes later, and I had a little flat piece of peyote even stitch ready to make into a tiny tube for the extension. It was so easy to do, I want to do more!!!

Instead, I concentrated on creating my design piece for this months competition on the new sparkly blog for The Bead Shop Liverpool (thebeadshopliverpool.blogsopt.co.uk). I think I'm going to add a bit of flat peyote to the piece now I know I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment